Christmassy Gingerbread Caramel Slice
123451 Rating •
The bitey flavour of ginger balanced with the smooth taste of caramel is a sure to make our Ginger Caramel Slice a popular addition for your Christmas dessert table.
Prep time15 min
Cooking time50 min
Nutritional information per serving
Energy 1431.9 kj
Protein 4.2 g
Total Fat 16.9 g
Saturated Fat 12.6 g
Carbs 44 g
Sugars 38.3 g
Fibre 0.3 g
Sodium 58.2 mg
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
In this recipe
NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White Melts 290g
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line 18x28cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Combine flour, 125g butter, sugar, 2 tbsp golden syrup, ginger, and mixed spice in bowl, press mixture firmly and evenly over base of pan. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine 100g butter, NESTLÉ HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk and remaining syrup in saucepan, stir over low heat, until smooth. Pour over base. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a deep caramel colour. Cool.
- Spread melted NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark MELTS over slice. Refrigerate until set.
- Divide melted NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White MELTS into three bowls. Tint one with green food colouring, another with red food colouring and leave remaining bowl white. If Melts seize, stir in a little vegetable oil until smooth again.
- Spoon coloured Melts into separate piping bags or freezer bags with corner snipped. Decorate slice as desired. Stand for 15 minutes until chocolate is set. Cut into rectangles to serve.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox