Heavenly Vanilla Cupcakes
123452 Ratings •
These classic vanilla cupcakes with heavenly chocolate buttercream icing are a favourite any time of the year.
Prep time15 min
Cooking time30 min
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
In this recipe
NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Milk Melts 290g
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line 16 holes from two 12-hole (1/3 cup/80mL) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Sift flour into a large bowl; add sugar and mix well; make a well in the centre.
- Combine milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla in a small bowl; add to flour mixture, stir gently until just combined. Divide mixture evenly among prepared cases (we find using an ice cream scoop to divide mixture gives even sized cupcakes). Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make Glossy Milk Choc Buttercream; using an electric mixer, beat butter in a medium bowl until pale and creamy; add icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Melts, beat until just combined. Place into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and swirl over the tops of the cooled scrumptious cupcakes.
- To make the delicious Nutty Choc Shards; spread ¾ of NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Melts on a sheet of baking scatter with peanuts, refrigerate for 5 minutes or until set, break into shards and place on top on cupcakes, drizzle with remaining melted NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Melts.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox