Hot Cross Buns
8231.673 Ratings •
If you love hot cross buns, then you will really love this twist on the Easter favourite. Packed full of yummy CHOC BITS and with a hint of orange, this will surely become your new Easter favourite.
Prep time30 min
Cooking time25 min
(plus standing time)
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
In this recipe
NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Melts 290g
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 23cm square cake pan.
- Combine yeast, milk and sugar in a small bowl; set aside in a warm place for 10-15 minutes or until frothy.
- Sift flour and extra sugar into a large bowl. Rub in butter; make a well in the centre; add milk mixture, egg and zest; stir until just combined. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic; transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set in a warm area for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough, turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead in NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark CHOC BITS (Tip: this may take a few minutes, but be patient, as the taste is worth the effort!), divide and roll mixture into 16 even sized balls, arrange in prepared pan, cover, set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes or until slightly risen.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve warm out of the oven with butter, if desired.
- GLAZE: Meanwhile whilst buns are cooking; make the glaze by combining water and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened slightly. Brush over hot buns.
- CHOC TOPPING: Spoon NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Melts into a small piping bag with a small round nozzle, pipe crosses onto buns.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox