Lemon Meringue Pie
3089.754 Ratings •
You’ll want to get your meringue peaks as high as possible in this delicious classic pie, to really impress at your next special occasion.
Prep time45 min
Cooking time30 min
(plus standing time)
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
In this recipe
NESTLÉ HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk 395g
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Process flour, icing sugar and butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs; add egg yolk and water, process until ingredients just come together. Gently knead pastry on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Grease a 19cm (base measurement) x 4cm (depth) fluted tart tin with removable base; roll pastry out between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Ease pastry into tin; press into base and sides. Trim excess. Prick base all over with a fork. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place tin on oven tray; cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or uncooked rice, bake 10 minutes, carefully remove paper and beans/rice from pastry case, bake a further 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile combine NESTLÉ HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk, zest, juice and extra egg yolks in a medium saucepan; stirring constantly, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Pour into prepared pastry case.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle, pipe onto tart and bake for 10 minutes until top is golden.
You will need seven eggs for this recipe. Separate eggs as they are required in the recipe. You will have three egg whites remaining at the end, which you can freeze and use at a later date if you like.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox