Mirror Glaze Cake
123451 Rating •
Wow your loved ones this Christmas season with our show stopping Mirror Gaze Cake, perfect to grace any festive celebration.
Prep time50 min
Cooking time0 min
Freeze time5 hr
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
In this recipe
NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White Melts 290g
- Prepare butter cake in 20cm round pan according to packet directions. Cool, then split in half. Line a 20cm round springform cake pan and spread with jam. Top with one cake round. Freeze 2 hours.
- Melt 270g white chocolate. Soften 4 gelatine sheets in cold water for 5 min. Heat ⅔ cup of cream until just boiling, remove from heat. Squeeze excess liquid from gelatine, whisk into cream to dissolve. Whisk in melted white chocolate until smooth, then cool. Whip remaining cream to firm peaks. Fold cream into chocolate mixture.
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm round springform pan with a smooth sheet of baking paper. Pour in half the mousse. Place frozen cake jam side down in centre. Cover with remaining mousse then press second cake layer cut-side down into mousse. Freeze 3 hours.
- Soften remaining 6 gelatine sheets in cold water for 5 min. Stir the water, sugar and NESTLÉ HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk over medium heat until just boils, then remove. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, whisk into condensed milk mixture. Add remaining 360g chocolate and set aside for 3 min. Blend with stick blender until smooth. Tint white with food colouring. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large jug. Pour ½ cup into a smaller jug. Tint larger jug with red food colouring. Tap jug on bench to remove bubbles and cool. Pour ¼ cup of white mix into red.
- Unmould mousse cake and invert onto a flat bottomed inverted bowl over a large tray. Pour glaze over cake to cover completely and create swirled patterns. Pour over dollops of remaining white glaze. Allow excess to slowly drip off. Trim drips underneath, then lift onto a serving platter. Keep chilled. Decorate with mini meringues, halved raspberries and gold shimmer powder, if desired.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox