Rich Caramel Mudcake
4940.85 Ratings •
A mouth-watering caramel mud cake that’s so rich and moist, perfect for special occasions.
Prep time20 min
Cooking time150 min
(plus standing time)
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
In this recipe
NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White Melts 290g
- Preheat oven to 140°C/120°C fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm round deep cake pan.
- Place butter, NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE White Melts, brown sugar, golden syrup and vanilla bean paste in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from heat; transfer mixture to a large bowl, stir in sour cream and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in eggs. Stir in flours. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 45 minutes, cover with foil and bake for a further 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean. (There maybe a little moist cake mixture on metal skewer when inserted into centre of cake, this is normal for mud cake).
- Cool cake in pan 2-3 hours or overnight.
- To make Caramel Icing: Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and cream and cook until smooth and golden in colour. Gradually add enough icing sugar to give a spreading consistency. Spread quickly over top and sides of cake.
TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU THINK:
GET MORERECIPESin your inbox